Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Journalism 5W - the Chinese edition


It was quite a surprise that awaited me the other day at the door of the farm house -- a box full of the Chinese edition of Journalism: Who, What, Where, When, Why and How. (Here's the book's Allyn and Bacon web site.)

My publisher, Allyn and Bacon, had told me nothing about this.

But there it was, five copies of the book with a completely different cover containing Chinese lettering and the first pages inside also contained Chinese letters. After that, the thing is in English.

The cover of the book says it is published by Peking University Press.

The publisher's letter that accompanied these books said it had been produced by Pearson's (Allyn and Bacon's parent company) Asia division.

Beyond that, I know nothing -- except that there are lots of people in China. I hope they're interested in journalism, American style.

No comments: